Oftentimes I would hear one of Taylor Swift’s famous tracks, “I don’t care about you but I’m feeling twenty-two.” I would cringe, not because I’m not a fan but because if there’s one thing I hate and cannot change; it’s adding +1 every year. Don’t get me wrong, I love birthdays; especially when people acknowledge your presence and start looking back to the good old days when you were still crawling and learning how to walk. Oh boy, time do flies super fast.
In honor of my birthday, I have written down some random things that I have learned throughout my 22 years of living:
- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
- You don’t owe anyone an explanation of why you do things and why you don’t.
- Self-care isn’t always rainbows and butterflies, sometimes it can be storm and thunders too.
- Sometimes not telling people anything is a good thing.
- “You will never be too much for the right person.”
- I am made of flaws, and that makes me beautiful.
- A good and well-planned life can’t be done overnight.
- Drink enough water every day.
- It’s beautiful in the city but I miss being away from it.
- It’s completely fine if you don’t have it now. Learn the art of waiting, patiently.
- Follow your heart even if it says no.
- Parents are always right.
- Always say thank you.
- Cut out on something that doesn’t make you happy.
- What others think about you is none of your business.
- Candies sold in the mall (per kg) is more delicious than what they have in the shelves of a supermarket.
- You know what your heart wants. Go get it and stop asking the universe stupid signs.
- It’s hard to get up in the morning when it’s not the sun that is waking you up.
- I take (so much) free things for granted. Like my gym membership and tanning.
- I’m still afraid of talking to new people.
- People come and go in your life. Those who want to stay will stay.
- Some things that I like/love to do, once become the talk of the town, slowly bores me.
Happy birthday to me and to all the wonderful birthday celebrants of the February month. Stay afloat my co-Aquarians. I hope you all have a lovely day.
Love & Light,